For my friend, Who has walked the choked cherry, milo fields, barberry, blueberries, hemlocks, swamp oaks, striped maple thickets and hedge apples, I wish you my friend a happy 40th. You have always been there for me, no matter what. If it was a late night call for a partner to go pick up a drunk brother or the call for divorce money for a cheating ex. It didn't matter. You always were there and I hope I was for you. The meeting was chance, but it was defiantly meant. Smacking ladies with the "shilallie"! or smoking Black Cats in Kelly's in Dushore. We always stayed true to who we were and never wavered. You are a true hero to me. For your selfless service to our country. Although many may not know your story, those that do, should be proud to know a real hero. In the way that, no matter what life throws your way, you are always concerned about others.
I look forward to sharing many more camp fires with you. Knowing you will be with me when the boys and Joce' go hunting. Mornings on the beach, Cold afternoons on the mountain and a swig of whiskey at night. Hangin at "Hanks" in McPherson KS. Making the good old boys feel less like men, as they didn't know how to tip the "Tender".
Hell dragging Uncle Hankie up the mountain and over blow downs for grouse. Those days can't be taken, tainted or otherwise removed. I know you wanted me to be more light hearted on the "Spot" to show the hunters what they could really expect from Steady Point, but this had to be done.
Consider this my Birthday Card. If He took me today, I know I was a better man for knowing "Jesse T". I wish you the best my friend.
Happy Birthday!
PS. we need "Shine" I got orders to fill!
Russ
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment